Protecting the Unborn
Jeff Landry has regularly noted that the State of Louisiana values life. Louisiana has led the way in laws to help defend the rights of the unborn. As a pro-life leader, Jeff Landry has strongly defended Louisiana’s right-to-life-laws.
As our pro-life Attorney General, Jeff Landry is working to protect the unborn:
- Defending Louisiana’s landmark admitting privileges law, winning the case in the federal courts and now helping lead the effort in defending that ruling before the United States Supreme Court.
- Leading a national effort of twenty five states in supporting a law banning dismemberment abortions – abortions that use forceps to tear the babies apart limb-by-limb while they are still alive, causing the unborn children to bleed to death in their mother’s womb.
- Joining a coalition of 22 other State Attorneys General to help defend the free speech rights of pro-life pregnancy centers. In this case, California tried to force pro-life pregnancy centers to tell women the state would pay for their abortions. This case was won before the Supreme Court in a 5-4 decision.
- Announcing support for the Trump Administration’s creation of the Conscience and Religious Freedom Division in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to help protect healthcare workers who morally object to abortion and should not be forced to participate in the procedures.
- Speaking out as an attendee at the Louisiana Life March both in the South in Baton Rouge and the Life March North in Shreveport. A national speaker as well in Washington, DC at the March for Life.
Prior to his service as Louisiana’s Attorney General, Jeff Landry served in Congress where he earned a 100% rating from the National Right to Life.